Barnes & Noble Nook Color Gets Another Update
This latest update is at best a moderate jump but still a welcome one. We’re going from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0. The majority of the changes are to small things like pinch to zoom on the browser. Some have reported tighter touch sensitivity/accuracy and a sharper snappier responsiveness. The list of updates is as follows:
- Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
- Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
- Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children’s books.
- Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
- Reduce mistyped passwords with “show password” option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
- Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
The official update can be found here.
- Grab the package from the forums thread.
- Copy it to the root of your SD card via USB.
- Install Rom Manager.
- Open Rom Manager and choose “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”.
- In Rom Manager choose “Reboot into Recovery”.
- Navigate(vol up/down = menu up down, nook button=enter, power=back) to “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” apply the update.
- Back out to the main menu and choose “reboot”.